Thursday 23 February 2017

Short review: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

23513349
 

Rating
Review

This was such a beautiful collection of poems. I don't usually read poems, in fact this is probably the first poetry book I own. I've read very few poems, but I kept stumbling upon this book over and over so I finally decided to read it. And I am so glad that I did!

The poems are so well written, and the best thing about it is that everyone can relate to it. The poems are broken into four parts - hurt, love, pain, and healing, shows every phase of life through these strong, and beautifully written poems.

The poems are written in a very simple way, but the message it gives, the impact it has is very strong. I couldn't relate to some parts, like the hurt, where the subject was too dark and heavy, but still there were some poems which really touched my heart. But rest of the three parts were beautiful, some parts which I could completely relate to, and the last part which was very inspirational and uplifting.

“people go but how they left always stays”

“if you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise”

No comments:

Post a Comment