Sunday 19 February 2017

Review: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

22055262
My rating
My review
I just finished rereading this book, and oh, my god! It was as amazing as the first time around! I rarely reread books, but this one kept calling me back, and with the release of Conjuring of Light, I couldn't miss a chance to visit this magical world and my favorite characters once again! And I am so glad that I did!

I had so much fun rereading this book! And do I even need to write about the Londons and world building? I mean, it's freaking awesome! Reading about another world is always cool, but add different kinds of cities in that, with some magic, mystery, and evil twins in it, and you've got yourself a perfect fantasy book!



This book has everything you look for in a fantasy novel. There's Lila, a badass and fearless thief who although lacks magic (not really), makes up for it with her strong and ruthless personality. I mean, if she has the courage to face the evil twins, there's nothing she can't do.

Then we have our hero, Kell, who is practically made up of magic. He's an Antari , who can travel between worlds, and also has a habit of smuggling things between worlds. Talk about the perfect hero!




 Not to forget our prince Rhys. He's my adorable cinnamon roll!<3 There are many more characters who will either make you want to tear the book apart, or just wish that they were real so that you can kill them in person. Either way, this book has some great villains!

Image result for darker shade of magic astrid athos
Anyways, here ends my review, which was more like fangirling. I also have no idea why I gave it 4 stars last year, but that's changing now!! This book deserves all the stars of the galaxy! If you haven't read this book, what are you doing with your life? I'm kidding. Not really. Just read this precious book!! Onto the second book now!!!



1 comment: